The Council is a statutory body established under the Victorian Alpine Resorts (Management) Act 1997. It reports to the Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change, the Hon Liliana (Lily) D'Ambrosio MP.
The functions of the ARCC include:
- To review and co-ordinate the implementation of the Alpine Resorts Strategic Plan
- To attract investment for the improvement of the alpine resorts.
- To plan for and facilitate the establishment, development, promotion, management and use of alpine resorts in accordance with the object of this Act
- To undertake research into alpine resort issues
- To liaise with and encourage the co-operation of all State and local government authorities, industries, communities and other persons involved in the development, promotion, management and use of alpine resorts
- To make recommendations to the Minister on matters related to the provision and improvement of services and facilities in alpine resorts.
Council has adopted the Victorian Government’s vision within the Alpine Resorts Strategic Plan 2012
'Victoria’s alpine resorts will be vibrant, growing and sustainable places, delivering alpine recreational and tourism experiences that are available to all’.
A review of the 2012 Strategic Plan will commence shortly.